BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 5 October 2009

Evaluation 1

Evaluation
In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge form, and conventions of real media products?
The things I have used for my media piece from other familiar horror slasher films are using non digetic sound to build tension for example the sound of the camera taking a picture. I found this to be very successful in Halloween so I thought I should include it in my work. I have also used the same camera work as the familiar horror films like Scream by using mainly mid shots to build tension because the audience don’t get to see a lot in the background. I used the way that most horror slasher films delay the revealing of the killers identity. This is used to engage the audience and create the desire to watch the rest of the film. I have also used the big knife that is a key generic convention used in horror slasher films like Halloween and scream. This is used as a generic convention because it is big and impractical but because it is big it is more scary. The setting I mainly used is the same with having them set in big dark rooms. I have done this because it highlights their vulnerability. My media piece challenges the conventions of other media products by having one of the settings in a big open area. I have done this because I feel that it works well because there are a lot of people walking around so you feel that Emily will not be able to pick out who his following her until it is too late. From research on Halloween I have had a lot of similar conventions such as the big knife but my media piece uses different camera angles so it feels faster paced and builds more tension.

0 comments: